Sunday, December 1, 2013

Crazy cook

Ok, I'll admit it.  I'm not a great cook.  I enjoy cooking and Kelly will have to admit, I have tried hard!
When we got married, I tried to fit my wifely roll and do a lot of cooking.  Lots of burning!

When we had kason I tried again- with the help of Pinterest and a crock pot.  But now that I am an allergy mom, there is no choice.  I am officially a cook, 7 days a week, so I have no choice but to try to be good at it.  I still rely on Pinterest and a crock pot!

I put together my 5 freezer meals for the week- it took 2 hours and a HUGE mess!
 I took this picture because I was really proud that I hunkered down and got this done- dinner is somewhat prepared for the rest of the week.  No stress, no trouble.  

I also made a delicious brownie recipe for kason as part of his 'cooked milk' daily snack!

So yummy and yes!  Kason loved it!

I used a new egg substitute- home made edition.

1 tsp baking powder + 1.5 tbsp water + 1.5 tbsp oil = 1 egg

At first I was nervous- it was like that volcano science experiment!  Once I added the water it fizzed up!  But once added to the batter, it settled and created some delicious brownies with a purpose!

So, I'm not going to be so bold to say that I have become a good cook, but when the situation creates itself- you have to jump at the opportunity to try.   And hopefully this situation of having to always to cook from scratch can create more than just an(almost) good cook- family dinners, conversation, learning how to use utensils, smiles and laughter. 

Ya- I can deal with that :)





1 comment:

  1. So awesome Sharon! I'm so impressed....your week will be so amazing with this all predone!
    High five!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete