Monday, July 9, 2012

Kason is the man!

I figured I would start a blog discussing all the wonderful things that have come with becoming a mother!  Also - is it so wrong to want to share pictures of the most beautiful kid in the world?  Listen, I know that everything thinks that their kid is good looking, but let's get real, Kason is the real deal.  All the nurses in the hospital let us in on it... they see a lot of ugly babies.  Kason was a breath of fresh air!

This is also an opportunity to share some of the challenges that I have overcome and are anticipating in becoming a mother.  While the average age to have a baby has risen from 27 to over 30 in the last few years, I still felt like a teenager at 29 as soon as Kason was born.  Like everything that I had learned over the last 3 decades were thrown out the window as soon as he came.  I have to learn so much more.

Only, much like being in labor, I'm excited about this challenge and the outcome.  Sure, mistakes will be made - like when I first changed a poopy diaper and let Kason wear his socks... ruined.  But Kelly and I will get there and we are excited to share that with Kason and everyone in our family! 

Mostly, I started this blog to post pictures of Kason for people to enjoy who are not lucky enough to see Kason everyday and watch him grow.  In the 2 short months that he has been around, he has managed to lose half his hair, grow out of half his clothes, cry a LOT louder, coo and goo and smile!  It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment