Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Quest to lose the 'baby weight'...

Should we really call it 'baby weight'? I think it should be called 'I'm so hungry I could eat a horse' weight. I know that you only needed 300 more calories a day in your pregnancy, but lets get real, you are freakin hungry and everyone enjoys it when you eat lots! I gained approx. 45 lbs in my pregnancy. I'm not embarrassed to share that since I have already lost 35 of those lbs to date. I worked out hard during my pregnancy, hitting the gym up to week 36 and walking 2x per day until the day before I went into labor. As everyone said, I was 'all belly'. I didn't feel all belly, but that's neither here nor there. After Kason came, I had the itch to work out but had 2 hurdles to overcome a) leaving Kason and b) feeding Kason. a) kelly had to practically PUSH me out of the door to get my first workout in without Kason. It was hard, I texted him the whole time, but once I was done I felt great! b) Kelly and I worked hard to incorporate bottles for Kason, and now Kelly can enjoy feeding Kason - truthfully a very rewarding experience. So, with those 2 hurdles overcome what's holding me back right? Well, my body is simply not the same. I started going to step class and pilates class to lose some weight and firm up parts that are no longer firm. I started running 3 weeks ago and have worked up to a 45 minute run. Not my old self but not bad considering I GAVE BIRTH 10 WEEKS AGO! Yikes, it still seems hard to believe. So, my goal is to weigh 15 lbs less than I did pre-pregnancy - so with 25 lbs left to lose, I'm excited for this journey and to share it's challenges. Hopefully one day Kason will read this and understand how much I love him and want to be my healthiest self so I can be the best possible mom for him! Here is a pic of my days before I found out I was pregnant and at 40 weeks pregnant... just a little different. Stay tuned for that new bikini pic, i'm going to look better than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment