Monday, October 15, 2012

Mom's best friends

I'm learning so much about getting around with a baby! There are so many barriers that I had never considered before. Not to mention challenges that come from lack of sleep and coordination as well. So I thought I would document the things that I have found life saving these last few months:

1) drive thu's
For some reason I always thought it was lazy to go through a drive thru- now I just know how convenient it is. The unfortunate thing is that some of my favourite places do not have drive thru's. if subway or pita pit had one I would be eternally grateful. Not only because you don't want to lug your baby inside, but because if your baby is having a much needed 'car nap' there is nothing your would do to interrupt that.
I have scoped out all the Starbucks with drive thru's and McDonald's and timmies has had more business of mine then I would like purely because if convenience.
2) handicap doors
It is amazing how many places do not have a handicap door opener... Especially in the states. While sometimes there is that Good Samaritan who will hold open the door for you and your stroller, there are definitely more people in this world who feel they don't have the time to hold open the door for a mommy. This means struggling through a door with your stiller. *note* I will always hold the door for someone- especially those with strollers, I hope you will too!
3) full serve gas stations
Thank you Co-Op! Many gas stations have decided to go to self serve only- likely saving them tons in labor- but losing my business. Again- not wanting to ruin that car nap or simply lug your baby inside. Pay at the pump is ok- but still a challenge when you have a fussy baby.
4) family washrooms
Imagine- trying to take a much needed pee in a regular single stall will your stroller... Impossible. Even worse- the car seat on the floor... Disgusting!
Those large bathrooms with changing stations and even breast feeding rooms are so amazing! You would be amazed how many places do not have these washrooms but should!!!
5) tassimo ;)
Jut because I can make a cup of coffee while holding my babe in 25 seconds... Amazingly awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment