Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Farmers Market

We decided to tackle the Farmers Market this weekend in search of some organic and all natural - allergen free items!
First up!  Bread!
Found a great little Hutterite stand that has one kind of bread that is dairy/egg/nut free.  Sure- it was $5 a loaf- but maybe the next best thing to making my own bread.  Still working on finding a bread maker!  Hopefully it will work out to less than $5 a loaf!

Next- veggies!
Found the biggest cucumber I could find for kason!  This is his favourite veggie at the moment!  Gotta love fruit and veggies!  A sure thing for kason with his allergies!  Luckily I don't have a picky veggie eater yet!  It will happen- from what all my mommy friends tell me!  Maybe he won't be fussy since he has tried so little compared to other toddlers his age.

Last- we found a little secret gem-
Although I find it strange that they are marketing allergy free cupcakes that are made In a facility that processes allergens, I'm still grateful for another option for treats!  I purchased a $3 cupcake for kason and froze it for a special occasion!  Maybe for our 4th anniversary this year!  Kason and I got to have a delicious sample of a chocolate cupcake at the stand which was very special!

So now to tackle another day-another week with my allergy kid!  More fruit and veggies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment