Wednesday, July 3, 2013

MY allergic kid

These last few months have been a real eye opener for us with Kason's allergies.  Everyday we are learning something new and how to adapt.
On Monday kason had a strong allergic reaction where he got approx. 20 hives clustered in one area.  Luckily we were able to control it with Benadryl but it's the first time that we have considered using his Epi-pen.  
We are learning about how expensive food alternatives are and how to use them appropriately.  We are learning that it not only requires time and effort to feed a kid with allergies, but creativity and love.  
It's been about a year since I started this blog, and I laugh when I think about how the blog was designed to discuss losing weight and being a mom.  Well, I lost the weight because I am a mom!  Having to cut out dairy while breastfeeding helped me lose those last 10 pounds and not being able to keep peanut butter/granola bars etc. in the house helps.

This blog is going to take a slightly new direction now- this is an opportunity for Kason and I to show our experiences living healthy with allergies.  Perspectives from the parents, Kase man and our incredibly attentive and helpful day care owner who is teaching me not only how to be a better parent, but challenging me to try new things with alternatives instead of assuming that they can't be don't because of allergies.  

Share with me your perspectives, advice and questions please!  I'm learning too!

Happy healthy eating peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment