Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Foodie

Ya right!  I'll never think of myself as a chef or a baker- but I'm going to give myself credit for trying!  
For some reason I am obsessed with baking for kason.  And I have only baked twice for him!
I think it's because I think that all little kids deserve a treat- delicious home made chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven!  Delicious.  
I was so sad at the idea that kason and I could never have this experience- that was before I did a bit of research! 

There are so many alternatives out there!  I started easy and made muffins from am organic mix- don't judge!  My intent is to switch to making everything from scratch but I need to work my way up to that!

I used my trusty egg replacer which is amazing!  Great for making meatballs and burgers as well as baking!!  Works great as a binding agent.


Then- to top it off I added dairy/nut free semi sweet chocolate chips.  Purchased for a steal of a deal of $12.95  from my favourite little shop 'Sweet Impressions' (more on them later and how much money doesn't matter when you are in there!)



The finished product....

Ok- so it's really nothing special.  A very average tasting oatmeal chocolate chip muffin!  But the amazing part!  We can give it to Kason AND he loves it!  It's a great way to get him to drink his 'milk' too!



1 comment:

  1. You're such an awesome mama! Egg replacer...gotta give that a shot!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete